At Tawana, you’ll immerse yourself in one of the greatest wilderness areas on earth, cradled in the comfort and luxury of our newest safari camp.
As a premier camp in our portfolio, Tawana complements Jack’s Camp, Tuludi and North Island Okavango to create a memorable circuit of luxurious, yet deeply characterful, safari destinations in Botswana.
Tawana will open with 8 spacious suites, including three family rooms. The suites stretch to approximately 100-square-metres in size (130-square metres for family units) and offer a separate lounge area and private terrace with a refreshing plunge pool, while the outdoor sala offers a serene space to relax between excursions. Aesthetic inspiration is drawn from the organic tones and textures of the landscape, as well as the cultural heritage of the local Batawana tribe, to create a stylish and contemporary safari destination with a distinct sense of place.
Each suite has been thoughtfully oriented to offer perfect privacy and uninterrupted views of the Gomoti River and game-rich floodplains. Set beneath the boughs of stately ebony and sausage trees, the suites enjoy the deep shade of the lush riverine forest, creating a cool oasis of calm to retreat to between activities.
Spacious communal areas in the camp include an elegant lounge and indoor and outdoor dining spaces, while the shelves of the curated lodge library are filled with reference works on the history of the Moremi Game Reserve and the local Batawana tribe. A walk-in wine cellar, wood-fired pizza oven and open-air dining kgotla add to the menu of culinary adventures that will be a signature of the Tawana experience.
For down-time between game activities, Tawana will include in-room spa treatments – offering a bespoke menu of facial, body and wellness treatments in the privacy of your own room. Stay in shape training in the 16-metre lap pool or utilize the exercise bike, weights and yoga mat provided in each room. The outdoor lounge around the fire pit offers the opportunity for connecting with other guests or contemplating the remarkable wilderness beyond, and admiring the stars above.
Accommodation & Amenities
- 8 suites, including two family rooms
- Private plunge pool and outdoor sala in each suite
- 100% solar powered, for 24-hour electricity in camp
- Ceiling fans and eco-efficient over-bed air-conditioning system
- Beautifully appointed en-suite facilities, including indoor and outdoor showers, and a luxurious bath
- Total guest suite floor space is 100-square-metres (130-square metres for family units)
- In-room Nespresso machine and tea-making facilities, plus inclusive minibar
- Exercise bike, weights and yoga mat provided in rooms
- Wi-Fi available in all suites
- An open-air kgotla, or boma enclosure, hosts traditional outdoor dining around a convivial campfire
- Outdoor pizza oven
- Raised suites and walkways, allowing the wildlife to wander freely through camp while guests are safe at all times
- 16-metre lap pool
- Curated gift shop