Natural SelectionMay 15, 2018
Already an established lodge, we set our very own maestro of safari style Ralph Bousfield loose on Mapula to give it an overhaul and fill its vehicles with some of Botswana’s finest guides.
Here’s what you need to know about the latest addition to the Uncharted Africa and Natural Selection portfolio…
- Situated in Botswana’s famed Okavango Delta, Mapula is one of just a handful of lodges in its concession, enhancing its exclusivity. Whilst the extraordinary landscape of this area of the Delta provides some 220,000 acres to explore, the lodge itself is positioned on a large tree island at its centre, surrounded by seasonal floodplains.
- Activities that can be enjoyed from the camp include game drives, boat and mokoro safaris along the secluded waterways, fly camping and seasonal hot air ballooning or helicopter rides.
- Guiding legend Ralph Bousfield has personally trained all the guides, ensuring that guests are in the very best hands.
- The nine canvas and thatch bedroom tents feature four poster beds along with en suite bathrooms that boast both indoor and outdoor showers.
- Those keen to luxuriate in camp could soak in the swimming pool, spotting wildlife as they sip a drink, or look out across the hippo-filled lagoon from the main area.
- This area has the highest concentration of lions anywhere in the Okavango, but there are also leopards, cheetahs and African wild dogs to spot, as well as elephants, buffalos, caracals and plenty more.