Set overlooking a six-kilometre stretch of pristine sand, the seven suites at Lekkerwater Beach Lodge have been carefully designed to let ocean views take centre stage. Floor-to-ceiling windows deliver remarkable sea vistas from every corner of the suite, while the protected outdoor deck provides a perfect oasis of privacy.
Indoors, the décor takes its cue from the natural beauty of the surrounding reserve. With a colour palette of blues and greens balanced by rich organic textures, the aesthetic in each suite is a subtle mirror of the scenic beauty beyond. Cool sea breezes take the edge off summer’s heat, while a wood-burning stove in each suite offers welcome warmth when dramatic winter storms roll in.
At the main lodge a wrap-around deck offers the perfect space to admire the sunset over morning coffee, or perhaps a sundowner to toast the end of a remarkable day at De Hoop. Meals are enjoyed family-style at the large communal table, and guests are encouraged to engage with the chefs at the interactive open kitchen.
When the weather permits, dinner may be enjoyed on the beach, and lunchtime picnic baskets are available on request. For celebrations and special events, memorable private dinners can be arranged in-suite.
Need to know
- Lekkerwater offers 7 rooms: 6 twin/double, 1 family unit with second loft bedroom.
- En-suite bathrooms with indoor ‘in-suite’ showers.
- Wi-Fi: To preserve the sense of escapism, Wi-Fi access is only available in guest suites. Please note that mobile phone signal at De Hoop is extremely limited.
- Battery charging facilities: Available in each suite.
- Child policy: We welcome children aged 6 and older. Please be aware in mind that the lodge swimming pool is unfenced, with no lifeguard on duty.
- Disabled access: please enquire directly with reservations.